It often happens that Android tablets are not particularly supported by their respective manufacturers and this unwritten “rule” seems destined to repeat itself with Realme Pad, a device that also arrived in our country a couple of months ago.
According to what can be learned from the published FAQs on the Asian manufacturer’s website, in fact, for this tablet, the Asian manufacturer has no plans to release an update that it brings Android 12.
No Android 12 for Realme Pad
The answer to the question of whether Realme Pad will be able to count on the update to Android 12 leaves no room for doubt: the tablet will not receive this update but it will continue to have security updates and updates to improve its performance throughout the software support cycle.
Probably the decision of Realme will not be welcomed with great favor by those who have decided to buy this tablet which, we recall, was launched last September with Android 11 onboard.
After all, we are not talking about a device entry-level but of a mid-range model (and with a price that is not irrelevant), as is confirmed by its datasheet:
- 10.4-inch IPS LCD with WUXGA resolution (2,000 x 1,200 pixels) and a maximum brightness of 360 nit
- MediaTek Helio G80 processor
- 3 GB or 4 GB of RAM and 32 GB or 64 GB of eMMC 5.1 internal memory (with the possibility of an expansion via microSD up to 1 TB)
- 8-megapixel rear camera
- 8-megapixel front camera with 105 ° aperture angle
- four speakers with Dolby Atmos and Hi-Res audio
- 4G LTE connectivity, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS and USB Type-C 2.0
- 7,100mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging and reverse charging
- dimension: 246.1 × 155.9 × 6.9mm
- weight: 440 grams
- Realme UI interface based on Android 11
Realme Pad is available in our country starting from 239 euros (version 3/32 GB).
You may also be interested in the best android tablets