devoloa German company specializing in home Wi-Fi solutions, presents Magic 2 WiFi 6the very first Powerline adapter with Wi-Fi 6 that combines the most advanced Powerline technology with the highest performing Wi-Fi standards ever. With a Powerline speed of up to 2,400 Mbps and a Wi-Fi performance of up to 1,800 Mbps, the latest addition from devolo takes the home network to the next level: Powerline technology broadcasts the internet signal through walls and ceilings without slowing down and provides the entire home with extremely stable, long-range and fast Wi-Fi, combining new features such as OFDMA and TWT to the most modern mesh technology.
The new generation of home networking
“Home networks must constantly become more powerful and, at the same time, easier to set up. With this in mind, the new devolo Magic 2 WiFi 6 combines the best of two technological worlds for future-proof connections.“, comments Heiko Harbers, CEO of devolo AG, the German company which with this premiere confirms its technological leadership in the sector of intelligent network solutions aimed at end users.
The new multimedia applications require a home network with ever-increasing performance: for example, those used for video conferences in smart working mode or those for remote teaching must work without signal interruptions while, in the living room, for example, you are watching a video in 4K quality.
The powerful Magic 2 WiFi 6 adapters from devolo tackle these challenges with ease: With a high-performance Wi-Fi mesh, wireless connections are possible up to 1,800 Mbps, with 50% faster wireless LAN speeds than previous models.
All this is made possible first of all through the new Wi-Fi 6 standard (also known as Wi-Fi ax): one of its main features is the OFDMA (Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access), a cutting-edge modulation technology that uses available frequencies more efficiently. The wireless channels are divided into smaller frequency bands so that multiple applications or customers can communicate on the same channel simultaneously, leading to faster transmission of small data packets. Metaphorically speaking, the residential Wi-Fi information superhighway is configured with additional lanes so that traffic can move more freely than traditional Wi-Fi.
For the development of Wi-Fi 6, attention was paid not only to improvements in the 5 GHz band but also to new technical developments for the 2.4 GHz frequency band, which are still used by many devices. The new standards are perfectly suited to the needs of modern homes where more and more devices, from tablets to robot vacuum cleaners, communicate via Wi-Fi: the adapters of the devolo Magic 2 WiFi 6 series guarantee a stable connection during video calls. , fast for online video games, and an image resolution of up to 8K for watching movies at home as well as in the cinema. The connection speed is combined with the ease of use: these adapters, in fact, are completely automatic and guarantee high performance in terms of energy saving. With an optimized Target Wake Time (TWT), Wi-Fi 6 also controls radio traffic efficiently by putting devices that don’t need a constant connection to sleep.
A strong electrical backbone for a stable network
The latest generation technological features, which make these systems highly performing both in terms of convenience and performance, are enclosed in a simple and discreet design.
The great advantage of Powerline technology is that it bypasses the obstacles that tend to block Wi-Fi: ceilings, walls but also furniture and even the underfloor heating system.
This is combined with ease of use: the state-of-the-art adapters of the Magic 2 WiFi 6 series simply plug into power sockets using the existing electrical network to distribute the Internet signal, at a maximum speed of 2,400 Mbps, throughout the home and wherever it is needed.
Plug-and-play installation is easy and intuitive: once the first adapter is plugged in, all the other adapters that are inserted in the next two minutes are automatically connected to each other, without the need to press any buttons . Now simply connect an adapter to the router using an Ethernet cable and devolo Magic is ready for use.
Finally, the handy Home Network App is a support and a useful guide for quick and easy installation. From the computer in the study to the smart TV in the living room, the Internet signal reaches all devices and you can choose whether to get the Internet from the adapter through one of the two Gigabit ports or through the powerful Wi-Fi mesh.
Mesh Wi-Fi for more online fun
A Mesh system refers to a wireless Lan network which consists of a series of Wi-Fi hotspots that automatically communicate with each other forming a tightly meshed Wi-Fi network with some clever advantages:
- L’Airtime Fairness manages the Wi-Fi network automatically, providing longer connection time to fast Wi-Fi clients and improving the Wi-Fi performance of the entire wireless network.
- L’Access Point Steering allows a low-interruption connection with multiple Wi-Fi access points. The benefit becomes evident when the user moves around the house with a smartphone, tablet or laptop. In a fully automatic process, the mesh network ensures that every client is connected to the strongest hotspot at all times.
- The Band Steering efficiently and automatically drives client devices to a 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz frequency band without user intervention. This allows connection with the most suitable Wi-Fi band at all times, ensuring a highly stable connection.
- The Beam Forming it allows a particularly precise control of the client device in order to establish a better connection between the access point and the device.
- There Config Sync allows you to synchronize the Wi-Fi configuration data to all access points of the devolo Magic. In addition, devolo Magic Wi-Fi makes it possible to copy access data from the router so that only one Wi-Fi password can be stored for all client devices.
- The Fast Roaming (Client Steering) gives Wi-Fi roaming an extra boost by letting compatible client devices automatically decide which access point allows for the fastest connection.
- The Bi-directional Multi-User MIMO makes use of the multi-antenna technology of the transmitting and receiving units, sending and receiving multiple simultaneous data streams to and from different clients. This is a decisive resource for homes where there are multiple devices.
Simple and Safe
Just as convenient as the automatic Wi-Fi mesh processes are the setting options of the adapters from the devolo Magic 2 WiFi 6 product series. The devolo Cockpit for computers (Windows, MacOS, Linux) and the Home Network app for devices mobile (Android, iOS) allow users to fine-tune their private networks and change other settings. In this way it is possible to set guest access, activate parental control or set a useful program / time on the fly. And of course, the devolo software is continually being improved with free updates.
This maintenance of devolo products is as reliable as the security of the WPA3-based online connection. The current security standard of the Wi-Fi Alliance is based on the WPA2 protocol and, thanks to the improved 128-bit encryption, offers strong protection against unwanted access. This also requires Wi-Fi clients to support WPA3 encryption. For all other client devices, WPA2 security is still available.
Prices and availability – starting February 2022
The Magic 2 WiFi 6 Starter Kit consisting of two adapters (1 LAN adapter and 1 WiFi adapter) is available for € 239.90 *.
For larger living spaces, devolo offers the Magic 2 WiFi 6 Multiroom Kit which comes with three adapters (1 LAN adapter and 2 WiFi adapters) at a price of 399.90 euros *. Those who want to expand their network later can purchase an additional adapter separately for € 179.90 *.
Soon devolo will also launch two Mesh kits in Italy to complete the Magic 2 WiFi 6 series: devolo Magic 2 WiFi 6 Mesh Starter Kit (2 WiFi adapters) and Magic 2 WiFi 6 Mesh Multiroom Kit (3 WiFi adapters).