Audio range announced the availability of the JBL L52 Classic speakers on the Italian market. The product, announced last August, is presented as a tribute to the models made in the early 1970s and conceived as monitors for recording studios. The most distinctive element is certainly represented by the Quadrex grille available in 3 different colors: blue, black, and orange. Inside the speakers are placed a 20mm titanium dome tweeter it’s a 130 mm cellulose woofer JW135PW-4.
The tweeter is the same one that also equips the Class L100 and L82 Series and is equipped with a knob for adjusting the level. The data sheet reports a sensitivity of 85 dB and an impedance of 4 Ohms. The frequency response is between 47Hz and 24kHz while the crossover frequency is fixed at 2.8kHz. JBL recommends an amplifier with a power between 10 and 75 W RMS.
The JBL L52 Classic is made with a satin natural wood veneer and measures 330 (H) x 196 (W) x 216 (D) millimeters. The list price is set at 1,200 euros for the couple. Following are the main features:
- Type: 2-way bookstore
- Speakers: 130mm cellulose woofer (JW135PW-4), 20mm titanium dome tweeter
- Recommended power: 10 – 75W RMS
- Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 85dB / 2.83V / 1m
- Frequency Response: 47Hz – 24kHz (-6dB)
- Crossover frequency: 2.8kHz
- Cabinet: Satin natural wood veneer
- Grille: Quadrex orange, blue or black
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 330 x 196 x 216 mm
- Controls: tweeter level attenuator
- Weight: 5 kg