NFTs, the metaverse, and GameFi were the highlights of 2021, according to KuCoin Labs.
KuCoin Labs report predicts that the trends of 2022 will be DeFi and the metaverse.
The year 2021 has been an exciting one for the cryptocurrency and blockchain industry. Coins like bitcoin and ether posted a new all-time high. And the appearance of the metaverse and the development of DeFi (decentralized finance) marked a before and after in the ecosystem, as shown in the report by KuCoinLabs. This report also predicts some of the biggest trends for 2022.
KuCoin Labs 2021 Report Highlights
The KuCoin Labs report indicates that there were some interesting trends in various segments of the industry, including:
- Memecoins of the year 2021: doge and shiba inu are the winners, increasing their capitalization thanks to the wave of Tweet Wars of their advocates in the media.
- Infrastructure Trends: During 2021 there was a considerable amount of blockchain development with the Ethereum London update, TVL in layer 1 vs. layer 2 and gas usage. In 2022 there will be scaling and the release of updates on the Ethereum network.
- The growth and performance of blockchain bridges they have focused on the Bitcoin and Ethereum networks. Similar rates of progress in cross-chain development are likely to be seen by 2022.
- NFT and the metaverse: the NFT and the metaverse took center stage in 2021 and merged with DeFi and the gaming industry, emerging GameFi. It is estimated that 2022 will become the key year to introduce innovative solutions in user identification in the DeFi space.
- Defi Trends: The DeFi market continued to evolve, acting as the starting point for regulators to enter the decentralized environment. With the number of new protocols increasing, Web 3.0 and other innovative solutions are likely to be developed by 2022.
- Incidents and security in the ecosystem: in 2021 there were many cases of fraud and security breaches. The total amount of funds lost throughout the year is in the billions of dollars. And while security measures are being improved, 2022 is sure to see a high amount of fraud and theft of funds.
The growing popularity of NFTs and the rebranding of Facebook to Meta to explore the opportunities of the metaverse are just a few examples of how bitcoin and blockchains are seeping into everyday life.
Now that 2022 has arrived, KuCoin Labs takes a closer look at what this year will bring for the industry. Will there be more enthusiasm or will regulators push back aggressively? Is the NFT trend coming to an end or is it just the beginning of a multi-year global trend? Can the bottlenecks in blockchains finally be addressed?
“KuCoin Labs assumes its role in promoting the development of the entire crypto industry. We incubate and invest in innovative projects, we guide their development to maturity, where they would bring the best of cryptocurrencies. As one of the top investment institutions, the KuCoin Labs team collates professional research on a forward-thinking journey, endlessly delving into every aspect and detail of a vertical. KuCoin Labs aims to be an integral force in building the future of Web 3.0.”
Lou Yu, director of KuCoin Labs.
The forecasts show interesting points that cannot be overlooked. First, KuCoin Labs acknowledges that financial institutions remain crucial in taking blockchain and crypto to the next level.
In addition, more companies have established bitcoin treasuries in 2021, even though the cryptocurrency is down almost 50% from the all-time high. KuCoin Labs hopes that more institutions will be transparent about their Bitcoin purchases. The focus on layer 1 and decentralized finance is likely to continue throughout 2022. But there is still plenty of room for further progress.
For the full report, please contact email@example.com.
About KuCoin Labs
Founded in May 2018, KuCoin Labs is the investment and research force of the KuCoin ecosystem. KuCoin Labs diversifies investments in early-stage projects to help more developers achieve sustainable growth and success in the decentralized world.
KuCoin Labs now has a portfolio of more than 50 projects, including Arweave, MultiVAC, CertiK, and Ankr, in sectors like infrastructure, DeFi, and NFT. In April 2021, KuCoin Labs established a $50 million fund to find the next crypto gem. In November 2021, the company introduced a $100 million fund to power the metaverse ecosystem and other innovative projects.
For more information, visit https://www.kucoin.com/.
Disclaimer: The content and links provided in this article are for informational purposes only. CriptoNoticias does not offer legal, financial or investment recommendations or advice, nor does it replace the due diligence of each interested party. CriptoNoticias does not endorse any investment offer or the like promoted here. click here for more information.