Let’s start the last week of 2021 with a concise collection of software updates, including smartphones belonging to only two brands: Samsung and OnePlus. Without further ado, let’s find out all the Announcements of these new updates.
Samsung Galaxy A52 and Samsung Galaxy A52 5G: the news of the updates
As usual, Samsung started releasing the security patches of the month on time in December 2021, so much so that by the first week of the month he had also illustrated the details.
Now also Samsung Galaxy A52 (here is our review) and Samsung Galaxy A52 5G (here is our review) are adding to the list of models of the brand equipped with the SMR (Security Maintenance Release) of December, beating the most recent Samsung Galaxy. A52s 5G. In particular, the 4G model is receiving the A525FXXS4AUL3 firmware version, while the A526BXXS1AUL2 version is arriving on the 5Gone. In both cases, the update contains nothing but the latest monthly security patches, so there are no new features to report.
OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus Nord 2 5G: the news of the updates
The updates rolled out at the moment for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro on the one hand and OnePlus Nord 2 5G (here is our review) on the other – announced as always on the official forum of the Chinese manufacturer – essentially have the same content: the security patch of December 2021. In addition to these, for the first two, there are only system optimizations and the fix of a problem with Google Assistant and Google Pay; for the third fix and improvements for camera and Bluetooth.
OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro are receiving version 18.104.22.168 of OxygenOS. Here is the complete official changelog:
- Optimized the UI display of the Settings interface
- Fixed the issue that Google Assistant and Gray doesn’t display as expected in the Setup Wizard
- Fixed the low probability issue of WhatsApp crash
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.12
OnePlus Nord 2 5G is receiving the OxygenOS A.15. Below you will find the full official changelog:
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.12
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Improved video stability when AI Video Enhancement is on
- Fixed the issue of unclear calls on connected Bluetooth devices
How to update Samsung Galaxy A52, A52 5G, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8 Pro, OnePlus Nord 2 5G
If you have any of the models mentioned, you can perform a manual search using the following paths:
- for OnePlus, “Settings > System > Software update“.
- for Samsung, “Settings> Software Updates> Download and Install“.
Read also: #NewSmartphone December