The collection of software updates for Android smartphones that we are going to analyze today consists of Samsung models – for a change -, OPPO and OnePlus and is rich and diverse: inside we find classic monthly security patches, but also major updates to Android 12; older and older smartphones and of different price ranges. Without further ado, let’s find out all the Announcements of these new software updates.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Note 10 Lite, Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy S10 5G: the news of the updates
There are four smartphones of the South Korean brand that make their way in this selection and, more precisely, they are: Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite, Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, Samsung Galaxy S10 5G.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 is the most recent and well-known of the lot, but also the one receiving the least interesting update: already updated to Android 12 and One UI 4, now, as we told you a few days ago, it is receiving the SMR (Security Maintenance Release) of January 2022 (which Samsung has already detailed). The new update brings the firmware version N986BXXS3EULH and, as can be seen from the following screenshots, comes with an OTA file of just over 180 MB.
Even the Galaxy S10 and Galaxy Note 10 series have already made the big leap to Android 12 and One UI 4 (here is our complete test aboard the Galaxy S21 Ultra) and with today’s updates the speech is definitively completed:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite is receiving an OTA file of just over 2GB with firmware version N770FXXU8FUL7, which also includes this month’s security patches.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite, starting with the Vodafone branded version, is receiving an OTA file of similar size with the firmware version G770FXXS6FULA, however, it does not go beyond the security patches of December 2021.
- Samsung Galaxy S10 5G started updating in the United States (firmware version G977UVRU8GULD for Verizon) and in South Korea (firmware version G977NKSU6GULB). The size of the update is not known at the moment, however, we know that in the US the security patches of January 2022 are already included, while at home Samsung is still distributing those of last month.
Among the novelties of the major update are color palette, privacy, Samsung keyboard, home screen, lock screen, camera, gallery, photo, video editor, Emoji AR, sharing, Calendar, Samsung Internet, Device assistance, Bixby routine, accessibility, and much more.
OPPO Reno5 Pro 5G and OPPO Reno5 Z 5G: the news of the updates
In recent days we have reported the official roadmap of OPPO for the release of ColorOS 12 with base Android 12 (here is our video preview) in the first quarter of 2022 and today there are other smartphones of the brand that are receiving it in a stable version (Android 12 x ColorOS 12 Official Version).
The rollout was reported as usual through the official forum of the Chinese house. Here are the details of models and versions:
- OPPO Reno5 Pro 5G is updating in India and Thailand with firmware version C.14 and requires A.12 / A.13 as a starting version.
- OPPO Reno5 Pro is updating in Pakistan with firmware version C.14 and requires A.12 / A.13 as starting version.
- OPPO Reno5 Z 5G is updating in Saudi Arabia and UAE with firmware version C.14 and requires A.12 / A.13 as a starting version.
OnePlus 9RT: the news of the update
OnePlus 9RT has never crossed Asian borders and today’s update is intended only for the Indian market, where the firmware version is being distributed MT2111_11_A.03. Among the new features are the security patches of December 2021 and some fixes regarding the camera and VoWiFi connectivity. Here is the complete changelog:
- Fixed the issue of abnormal display on the shelf
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.12
- Optimized the UI display effect of Movie Mode
- Optimized the effect of super anti-shake function
- Fixed the issue of the wrong watermark position
- Optimized the VoWiFi stability
How to Update Samsung Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy Note 10 Lite, Galaxy S10 Lite, Galaxy S10 5G, OPPO Reno5 Pro 5G, Reno5 Z 5G, OnePlus 9RT
Not all smartphones listed are available in Europe, but if you have them you can manually check for updates as follows:
- for Samsung, “Settings> Software Updates> Download and Install“;
- for OnePlus, “Settings > System > Software update“;
- for OPPOs, “Settings > Software Update > Gear Icon > Update Early Access > Official Version Application > Agree to Privacy Agreement > Apply Now“.
Read also: best Android smartphones