The OnePlus Buds Pro limited edition inspired by the Lord of the Rings they are official in China: they are not in Mithril real, but the Chinese company says it was inspired by the mythical elven metal for the finish. Another way of describing it, without disturbing various Tolkien references, is … chromed from top to bottom.
The two variants of the TWS earphones currently on the market, the white and the black, both have a two-tone finish: matte black + glossy black and white + chrome. These “Middle-Earth Editions” are instead of all chrome, charging case included. OnePlus says it used a particular technology, called NCVM (Non-Conductive Vacuum Metallization) to apply the finish, which has the typical shine of metal but offers good resistance to fingerprints.
For the moment this limited edition of OnePlus TWS earphones is only available in China, and it is unclear if it will remain exclusive for that market or if it will also be exported elsewhere. As for prices, we stand at 799 renminbi, at the exchange rate of € 110 approximately, in line with those of the regular variants (with us the price list is € 149, just for reference, but as you can see at the end of the article they are also cheaper).
The rest of the specs should be perfectly identical to the regular models, which we reviewed (and enjoyed) last September. Let’s recap the salient points for completeness:
- Colors: Matt black, glossy white
- Headphone size: 32mm x 23.2mm
- Charging case: 60.1mm x 49mm x 24.9mm
- Earphone Weight: 4.35 g
- Charging case: 52 g
- Driver: 11 mm
- Driver sensitivity: 98 dB ± 3dB @ 1 kHz
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20,000Hz
- Noise Canceling: Intelligent and Adaptive Noise Cancellation, Transparency Mode
- Water and sweat resistance: Earphones – IP55 / Charging case – IPX4
- Bluetooth: BT 5.2
- Refill: Wired, USB Type-C – Wireless, Qi certified
- Playing time: ANC ON: Up to 5 hours / ANC OFF: Up to 7 hours / Calls up to 3 hours
- Combined Playback with Battery Case: Up to 28 hours (ANC On), 38 hours (ANC OFF)
- Battery capacity: For earphone: 40mAh / Charging case: 520mAh