On the day when we discover interesting details about Realme GT Neo 3 and we even talk about the possibility that it can mount fast charging at 150 W, the Chinese giant takes the veils off Realme Narzo 50.
The successor of Realme Narzo 30 comes with a youthful design that is very valid for the price range to which it is addressed, and even the technical sheet hides some small surprises that are really not bad.
Realme Narzo 50: features and design
Starting from the design, we are pleased to record the presence of a flat panel with a punch hole camera and not the classic drop notch that is still found today in some models of cheap Android smartphones. The phone features a 6.6-inch IPS LCD display with a dynamic 120Hz refresh rate – wow, we didn’t expect that – and a 90.8% display-to-frame ratio.
Under the body there is instead the MediaTek Helio G96 processor accompanied by 4/6 GB of LPDDR4x RAM memory and 64/128 GB of UFS 2.1 internal space expandable up to a maximum of 1 TB via microSD. Quite interesting is the main camera with a 50MP Samsung JN1 sensor, a 2MP portrait photo sensor and a 2MP macro sensor. Also good is the 5000 mAh battery with support for fast charging at 33 W, as well as the confirmation that Android 11 will soon be updated to Android 12 with Realme UI 3.0.
In short, considering the price converted into euros of the more performing model with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB, the Realme smartphone is to be absolutely taken into consideration especially for the incredible support for the 120 Hz refresh rate.
- 6.6-inch LCD display with Full HD + resolution of 2412 x 1080 pixels Full HD + with adaptive refresh rate at 120 Hz and maximum brightness of 480 nits;
- MediaTek Helio G96 processor with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU;
- 4/6 GB of RAM of the LPPDDR4x type with 64/128 GB of internal space of the UFS 2.1 type expandable up to 1 TB via microSD;
- rear camera with 50 MP Samsung JN1 sensor with f / 1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2 MP portrait photo sensor and 2 MP macro sensor with f / 2.4 aperture;
- front camera with 16 MP sensor with f / 2.1 aperture;
- side release sensor and 3.5 mm audio jack;
- Dual SIM connectivity (nano + nano + microSD), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS and USB Type-C port;
- 5000 mAh battery with 33 W fast charging;
- dimensions: 164.1 × 75.5 × 8.5 mm;
- weight: 194 grams;
- Android 11 with Realme UI 2.0 customization upgradeable to Android 12 with Realme UI 3.0.
Price and availability
The Realme smartphone will be available for purchase from next March 3 in the colors Speed Blue And Speed Black at the following prices:
- 4 + 64 GB at 12999 Indian rupees, about 150 euros;
- 6 + 128 GB at 15499 Indian rupees, about 180 euros.
At the moment there are no indications about the possible availability of the device also for our country.