‘update to Android 12 is finally starting to arrive on a good number of Android smartphones. After the various Samsung devices that received the latest release of the robot, it is now the turn of ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip, OPPO Reno5 5G, OPPO Reno5 Pro 5G, OPPO Reno6 5G, And OPPO Reno6 Pro 5G.
New update ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip
ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip the brother ZenFone 8 follows after a few days and starts receiving the updated ad Android 12 in the stable version. This is the firmware 31.1004.0404.61, in distribution for the model ZS672KS with version WW-188.8.131.52. The news is obviously many and following the changelog they include:
- renew some apps like Contacts, Phone, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Gallery, Weather, Sound recorder, Settings and so on
- modified quick settings, notifications, and volume panels to adapt them to the Android 12 design
- added privacy dashboard, indicators for camera and microphone use, coarse location
- replaced ASUS Safeguard with Android 12 Emergency SOS
- introduced a new widget page in the launcher, changed the position of the screenshot option, and removed the hot seat app icons on the Overview page
- removed the quick settings layout option in the display settings
- removed SIP calls, not natively supported by Android 12
The next smartphones from ASUS that will receive Android 12 are expected to be ROG Phone 5, ROG Phone 5s, ROG Phone 3, and ZenFone 7, presumably within the first months of 2022.
OPPO Reno5 5G, Reno5 Pro 5G, Reno6 5G, and Reno6 Pro 5G update news
There ColorOS 12 based on Android 12 arrives these days in the stable version on OPPO Reno5 5G, OPPO Reno5 Pro 5G, OPPO Reno6 5G, And OPPO Reno6 Pro 5G. The report comes directly from the official OPPO Community (also landed in Italy a few weeks ago) and seems to concern for now only some countries such as Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, India, Vietnam, and Pakistan.
Distribution should reach our country within a few weeks at the latest. OPPO recommends backing up important data before proceeding with the update, to avoid any headaches, and warns that some third-party apps may not yet be compatible.
How to update ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip, OPPO Reno5 5G, Reno5 Pro 5G, Reno6 5G and Reno6 Pro 5G
To update ASUS ZenFone 8 Flip you can go to the system settings, following the path “Settings> System update> Check for update“. Similar path to update OPPO Reno5 5G, Reno5 Pro 5G, Reno6 5G, and Reno6 Pro 5G: just go to “Settings> Software Update“. It may take a few more days before see the aforementioned updates in Italy.
You might be interested in: We have installed and tested the first version of Android 12L Beta, the news