After the debut on the Chinese market last October, the new Buds Z2 earphones from OnePlus are now also available in Italy, sold at a list price of 99 euros. Heirs of the original Buds Z announced a year ago, compared to which they are lighter, stable, and smaller by 15%, the Buds Z2 had been anticipated several times by some rumors that had immediately announced some interesting features.
The OnePlus Buds Z2 earphones offer 94ms latency and, just like the Buds Pro (HERE in our review), are equipped with active noise cancellation, able to guarantee a reduction of up to 40dB, and integrate 11mm and one dynamic driver 40mAh battery for each earphone plus a 520mAh inside charging case. In total, OnePlus declares an autonomy of up to 38 hours of listening with ANC off which goes down to 27 hours if activated. The recharge uses Warp Charge technology capable of obtaining up to 5 hours of autonomy in about 10 minutes.
The earbuds have touch controls to adjust playback, activate noise cancellation, and answer or end a call. Dolby Atmos support is not missing which uses spatial audio to offer a more immersive sound by choosing between three listening modes: cinematic film, immersive music, and mobile gaming. In addition, to ensure greater quality in conversation, there are also three ENC Beamforming microphones capable of reducing ambient noise.
- touch controls, also to activate the voice assistant
- IP55 (earphones) and IPx4 (case)
- earphones: 33×22.4×21.81mm
- case: 73.15×36.8×29.07mm
- earphones: 4.6g each (Black version: 4.5g)
- case: 42g (Black version: 40.5g)
- 11mm dynamic driver
- frequency response: 20Hz-20,000Hz
- impedance 16Ω
- Bluetooth connectivity 5.2
- AAC, Dolby Atmos, OnePlus Fast Pair (from OnePlus 6 onwards)
- noise cancellation up to 40dB
- 3 microphones with DNN noise reduction algorithm
- earphones: 40mAh for each, autonomy up to 7 hours without ANC, 5 hours with ANC
- case: 520mAh, autonomy up to 38 hours without ANC, 27 hours with ANC
- Warp Charge: 10 minutes for 5 hours
The earphones are sweat-resistant with IP55 certification and have a nano-coating that protects them from corrosion. The charging case is also IPX43 certified. The features complete Google’s Fast Pair association system and the HeyMelody app to adjust all settings and update the firmware.
Buds Z2 earphones are available in Black and White colors, at the price of 99 euros, on the official OnePlus website.